Saturday, April 11, 2009

Looking for a humidor?


If you are, there's a pretty nice one at the River Market Antique Mall, 1st floor, center aisle, about midway on the east side. It was down low on a bench. Hopefully it's still there. It was about a 50-count box, nice parqueted-type inlay on the lid and had a hygrometer but no humidification device. One could be added for under $10, though, and you'd want something better than this box came with anyway. Spanish cedar interior with a nice seal.

$18.00 was the asking price. If I didn't already have a nice 20-count I'd have jumped on it. Hopefully nobody else has yet. My guess is it was a $50-$100 box when new.

Now, do you need a humidor? Well, no. Not if you're not planning on storing your stogies for more than a week or so before you get to them. They're fine in the plastic bag the retailer puts them in.

2 comments:

  1. If I had a humidor my jokes wouldn't be so stale. I know. Geez... you had to bleep the dog????

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't do it. He did it to himself.

    ReplyDelete